Wednesday, February 20, 2008

#9 Finding Feeds

I'm returning to the 23-Things after having been absent for quite some time to write about finding feeds. I have had a Bloglines account since May 2007 where I subscribe to different types of news. Some of my categories are:
Australian News
Danish News
Library Things
Library Marketing

In the past I have subscribed to feeds using Google Blog Search because I found the search interface really easy to use. Also, the search results didn't seem to be cluttered the way they get in Technorati
I also subscribe to newsfeeds by going directly to the source e.g. Danish news websites and selecting the sections I would like to get updates from.

I haven't used Feedster before and thought I would give it a go yesterday. However, I was unable to access the site. Is that just me or has the site been closed?

Due to our renovations (don't ask how it is going - I'm spending too much time manage my project manager!) I started subscribing to the subject category Home Building News through Topix.net. I like how you are provided with some easy subject headings to choose from - just like the Libraries News Articles!

1 comment:

Polyxena said...

Glad to see you back, Gitte! Renovations are always "fun".