Thursday, April 17, 2008

#21 Podcasting

Podcasts are a very good way to communicate with, educate, and inform our users.

I downloaded a feed to the SirsiDynix Institute, which mean that I will now be up-to-date with any of their podcasts in professional development.

My preference in podcast directory is Podcastalley. It provides details about the content and origin of creator, which are easy to skim. I didn't like Yahoo!. Simply due to the reason that it just listed music.

Done of the directories indicate whether a podcast can be downloaded within installing an application such as Feedster or Windows Media Player before you have actually clicked your way through - or have I got it wrong? This is a bit annoying.

Overall, I believe that libraries should start adding postcasts to the list of services, which the provide to the public. Snippets from author talks, Storytime, a how to do ... etc could be some of the areas to cover.

No comments: