Thursday, April 17, 2008

#23 The Final Say!

I enjoyed the exercises with Wikis and particularly the exciting opportunities that they provide for libraries. I also liked LibraryThing, but that was due to my personal interests and use.

The program has made me aware that I need to continually invest in my own education and development. In my role as Online Services Librarian, the use of new technologies is critical in ensuring our Library Service is at the cutting edge of services for our patrons and staff. Utilising these new technologies can only be done through new skills and experiences.

In relation to improvement of this program, I believe that the support from the entire Library Service's leadership is critical. In future, I also believe a support team as suggested by Fiona would be of great help as would an allocated 1 hour 'play time' per week during work hours.

2 comments:

fionam said...

Congrats on finishing Gitte. Does that mean you now have time to start reading Stieg Larsson II & III to us?

Polyxena said...

Well done, Gitte! I hope that you enjoyed the program as much as I did. Of course, now it is dust yourself down nad get up to do Learning 2.1! We look forward to seeing you on the Learning 2.1 ning soon ;>)